Thursday, October 1, 2009

Testimonials

Dear Birchcreek Ranch,

The experiences I have had at the ranch not only have been beneficial to me, but they have translated to the other people around me as well. I wasn't always the person who was the first to volunteer for a job or an activity, but after my experience at the ranch i underwent a change in my personality. I now often am that first person to volunteer. The ranch taught me values and traits that I now use in my daily life to better myself and others around me. I learned how to befriend people from many different backgrounds and cliques, people who before I would avoid. I have translated my work ethic from the ranch to my work ethic in the classroom. Since my first Birchcreek session (Summer '07) My High School Grade Point Average is 3.918, and I am currently taking two AP classes this Junior year. The ranch not only bettered my mental outlook on the present, but it helped shape me physically. I'm traditionally a picky eater, and still wont touch ketchup or sour cream, but while at the ranch, I was able to try and like foods that I never thought I would enjoy. Before the ranch, I was also struggling with my weight. I was in the 8th Grade, and I was a bit overweight. At the ranch, I was able to start a trend in cutting back my lazy habits, and begin a more healthy lifestyle. The trend stuck, and now I am very pleased with myself physically. Its hard to attribute all of these changes solely to the Ranch, but I feel that many of these changes I went through were sped up, or began at the Ranch, and I was able to transform and grow up a bit from the experiences I had there. Its a great place where you can grow together, in a safe and comfortable environment. I love it there.

-Alec Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment