Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Testimonials

Recently I have realized that one of the things that is most important to me is the discovery of sanctuaries. Our lives are full of complications and headaches, in the midst of all the chaos I think the places that matter most are the places where we can find inspiration and peace of mind. Birch Creek Service Ranch is, without a doubt, one of those sanctuaries for me. The summer of 2009 was the first summer I spent at Birch Creek and I hope it will be the first of many.
Because of all the principles taught at the ranch I was able to forget about all of the anxieties and selfish problems that I had at the beginning of the summer. I think the main reason this was possible is because I truly loved working with all of the kids I had the opportunity to meet this summer. When you are at Birch Creek everything you are doing makes sense, this is true because all of the values and goals of the ranch are honest. I only wish that my parents had sent me to Birch Creek when I was a kid.

Brette Richmond!

No comments:

Post a Comment